Woohoo! It’s a Button watch party! 🎉
- Watch a popular Button talk in real time with hundreds of your content design peers
- Participate in our live speaker Q&A
- Chat with fellow attendees as we go
Get ready to discover a new way to wrangle unwieldy legacy copy.
It’s one thing to write new words for a feature that’s yet to exist. It’s an entirely different thing to write in and around a system so full of legacy copy, you’re not entirely sure which way is up.
How can we make sure we can look past what the UI says and understand the actual true story of the system the UI represents?
Meet content diagramming, an exercise inspired by the sentence diagramming you learned in high school—but way more fun!—that can help define and understand legacy systems.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- A unique framework to help uncover and understand the parts that make up a digital system
- A fairly low-stakes exercise you can apply to both legacy AND new copy to help understand the true story of digital system you’re writing for
- A way to align and define that story with stakeholders
This event will be recorded and shared with registered attendees after the event.