Every leader can shine when things are going well and resources are abundant. But what happens during years like this one, when layoffs, budget cuts, and ChatGPT (!) strike terror into the hearts and minds of our teams and ourselves? How do you lead as your truest self when fear and worry run rampant?
This talk, meant both for managers and team members who lead in other ways, will help you tap into your natural compassion, mindfulness, and grace to embrace uncertainty and change so that you can lead your teams to a better tomorrow. Which definitely exists, by the way.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Acknowledge the industry fear out there right now and rally folks around unity.
- Inspire and teach people how to meet fear with compassion and grace.
- Examine some of the most common scary scenarios (layoff, no head count, no budget) and provide practical suggestions to get through.
- Explain how content design is uniquely suited to lead and get through some of these tough times (hello, empaths).
- Encourage people to reconnect with what drew them to leadership (managing or IC leadership) in the first place.